We were given 5 minutes to come up with a concept for a Noir film and to make a film poster on Microsoft Word for said concept.
This is what I came up with in the time allocated to us. The reason behind why I chose the background picture was that not only is it something that would have been typical of film posters advertising Noir Films during the peak of their popularity in the late 1940s and early 50s, but also because one of the most significant aspects of the concept I created was the inclusion of a femme fatale, hence the use of a woman in centre frame. I also included other typical conventions of Noir Film posters such as bold titles and a small set of credits at the base of the poster.
I asked my teacher for feedback and I was told that the only aspect of the poster that may be an issue was the title, that having all of the font the same size and colour could lead to confusion as it wasn’t explicitly clear what was meant. Because of this, I made some minor changes to the text and made my second draft.
As you can see the only change that I made was making the text a smaller font size and a shade of red, I was happy with how the rest of the poster looked and didn’t see the need for any other immediate changes.